Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Seed - A sequel to my story - by Shubhayan De


Shubhayan – a very dear friend of mine – when read this story written by me, conveyed his intention to write a sequel to it. Well, not really a sequel but… erm… to solve the mystery.

Interesting thought, I said. But, being the mean person that I am, I told him that I shall only promote it on my blog if I think it’s better than brilliant. So, here we are.

Oh, and before I miss out, I am not the only mean one here. Shubhayan insisted on changing the names of the characters because he ‘did not like’ the names I gave to the characters.

So, these are the new names:

Jagyaseni – Panchali

Anukul – Kushal

Soorjyo – Aditya

Raja - Jayajit

 Pssst, personally I think the names of his characters are... well... just about okay; but the story is really good.

So, here is a sneak peak into Shubhayon’s story; you have to read the rest of it on his blog. Trust me, you will not regret it.

***

Seed
 

There is nothing new under the sun. It has all been done before.
- A Study in Scarlet


"This is not a case of mere rivalry."
Samyo Mukherjee said this as we walked through the fine drizzle on a bright September afternoon. The road seemed to be deserted by people, but flooded by the glorious gold of the setting sun.
For the last few days now we had been interviewing the prime suspects of the case, or rather interrogating.
 
A painter, a dancer and a teacher.
 
Which one of these was the murderer?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...