Monday, January 19, 2015

I bedazzled my bathroom... and a revelation about the bathroom ghost.

Bedazzling set

Ri, for his birthday, got this box of ‘bedazzle the creepy crawlies’ from his cousins. I was obviously thrilled because bedazzling is awesome. It is the next best thing to watching an elephant poop. 

Seriously.  We took Ri to a circus last week and the elephant, while playing cricket just pooped in the ring. That was probably the most fascinating thing I had watched in the longest time. It was the first time that I saw an elephant poop and I was amazed. Anyway, this post is not about elephant poo. This is about bedazzling.

So we I got bedazzling the creepy things over the weekend and they looked lovely. I mean, who does not like giant lizards and geckos? And then when bedazzled with beads and gems and sparkly bits, they are irresistible.
Bedazzled lizard!

Once I was done with all the glitter, I stuck them in the bathroom. Well, that was not it. These sparkly bits came on tiny square sticker paper and had a lovely sparkly boundary. They looked so lovely that I did not have the heart to throw them away. So I peeled them off and stuck them in the bathroom as well.

The edges of the sparkly squares up on my bathroom walls. They do sparkle but that is not visible in this photograph.

So now I have the most amazing bedazzled bathroom in the world.

What was not amazing about all of this was that there was no reaction about the bathroom from SSM.

Me: Haven’t you peed all day today?

SSM: I have! Why?

Me: Don’t you look around you when you pee?

SSM: Erm… I usually do not, but I have noticed all the weird things you have stuck around.

Me: Why haven’t you reacted then?

SSM: (Shrugs) I did not know how to react.

Me: HOW THE HELL WILL I WRITE BLOG POSTS IF YOU STOP REACTING?

SSM walks away humming Bunty aur Bubly.

So basically SSM has become really boring.

But then something really absurd happened...

Remember my house ghost? The one who was in the kitchen and then in the bathroom? Well, apparently he does not seem to like the bedazzling much either. He has walked out of the bathroom.

And this is how I am sure about it:

Ri has yhis hand-me-down computer from his cousin. This means that this computer is old, really old. It is over ten years old.

Ri hadn’t played with it for a while and hence when Ri expressed his desire to play with it I had to change its batteries. As soon as I did that and pressed the ‘On’ key, the computer started talking in Spanish! (or what I thought was Spanish)! 

I have seen my niece play with this computer for years. I have seen Ri play with it for almost four years now. THE DAMN THING HAS NEVER SPOKEN IN SPANISH OR ANY LANGUAGE OTHER THAN ENGLISH.





I grabbed the computer and started checking all the keys, there was no key or button anywhere on that computer that indicated language or change language. No. This was just plain weird behaviour. It was funny that this should have happened on the day I bedazzled the bathroom. That is how I realised that it was the ghost. My ghost was now haunting the computer. I do not know what else would he do next. 

But At least we now know that the ghost is Spanish (or whatever that language is).So I have enrolled for online Spanish classes. It is important.

I changed the placement of the batteries this time and the computer got back to English. It hasn't spoken in Spanish since then. Maybe it will when I start talking Spanish.





14 comments:

  1. diptee I Am officially in love with you.SSM > you got some competition. .. your world of imagination is so fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How I love you, Diptedd di <3 and how I adore all your posts! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those squares on the tiles! You have OCD symptoms!
    Can I borrow those geckos?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no. If I had OCD symptoms, the squares would be perfectly in the center and colour coordinated. Yeah, you can borrow the geckos! :D

      Delete
  4. You replace the amazing eccentricities of Woody Allen for me! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOU ARE ONE ADORABLE PERSON! Hhahahaha what you did in the bathroom is awesome in a crazy sort of way :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did not know that changing the placement of the batteries will do the trick.
    Ha ha like that ..... HOW THE HELL WILL I WRITE BLOG POSTS IF YOU STOP REACTING?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, seriously... If you see my other posts, they are thanks to SSMs reactions. :D And the batteries placement change really worked. :|

      Thanks for dropping in. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...