Tuesday, July 7, 2015

And I shall finally eat mete chorchori tonight.



I have been having this insatiable craving for mete chorchori for the longest time now. Like for ever, Since 20th June 2015.

I have also been through crazy highs and lows for a real long time now. More lows than highs.

What with days of not wanting to get out of bed, to days of browsing through Pinterest all day long trying to cheer myself up with pictures of chocolate cakes, glazed chicken and pretty quilts, life has been pretty crazy.

Unfulfilled craving for mete chorchori has just been adding to my woes.

Hence yesterday on our way back, I had been pretty grumpy.

SSM: What happened?

Me: Nothing.

SSM: Okay. (Continues driving)

(Silence for some time as I grumble in my head about how SSM never probes me after I say ‘nothing’)

Me: So remember, how on 20th of June I had told you that I am craving for mete chorchori and you had said that you get the best mete chorchori only in North Kolkata and you shall get it for me. It has been ages since we have had that conversation. I guess this is what nine years of being married does to people.

SSM: Eight years. Seven and a half, actually.

Me: What?

SSM: We have been married for seven and a half years.

Me: Of course. Seven and a half. I remember. But that is not the point. Just because of your fixation for North Kolkata, I am starving to death.

(I notice SSM roll his eyes at that.)



Later that evening at home.

SSM: Why do you have dark circles around your eyes?

Me: Because I haven’t eaten mete chorchori for ages.

My Ma-in-law (she is a sweetheart) on hearing our conversation, laughed, and promised that she would be getting mete and cooking chorchori for me today evening.

And that is how I get mete chorchori for dinner tonight. :|

 ***

(I shall vote this as my most random post ever. But I am ecstatic since morning just thinking about dinner.)

***

Update: Mete dinner last night was the best dinner ever.

22 comments:

  1. You're a terrible bully. You manipulate individuals emotionally, as is evident.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHAT?!?! No. I am no bully. I just stated the reason for dark circles around my eyes. :|

      Delete
  2. Diptee. slow claps for you. Proud of u. U GET WHAT U REALLY WANT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ek tum hi ho jo mujhe samajh sakti ho.

      Delete
    2. I echo Disha's slow claps. Manipulating senior citizens.

      Delete
    3. I can't help it if everyone loves me. :|

      Delete
  3. OK! So yeh exactly kya cheez hai? Care to elaborate?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where in North Calcutta do you get the best mete chorchori? #startsToTakeNotes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall ask SSM to reply to that. :)

      Delete
    2. Did you? Did you? Did you? Ask the SSM, that is...

      Delete
    3. Oh damn, I am sorry. He will reply here tonight. Definitely.

      Delete
    4. You get some amazing metey chocchori at Niranjan Aagar - the quaint eating joint just outside Girish Park metro station

      Delete
  5. Dream as if you'll liver forever. Liver as if you'll die today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ei meye mete ke nie oh pun kore. :D

      Delete
    2. Ei meyetey toh meteyo mondo na..... Diptee khamokha bhoy paye

      Delete
    3. Ei meyetey toh meteyo mondo na..... Diptee khamokha bhoy paye

      Delete
  6. I was about to ask what the dish was but then the picture speaks a thousand words. Glad you got what you wanted whatever it was.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are adorable
    People would be really happy to give you what you want if they follow this method
    Such random posts actually bring a smile and always

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...